How easy can a breakfast be! And this one is the easiest of all.
Chia seeds are tiny, power packed capsules of protein, omega oils and nutrients. Combined with the good fat benefits of coconut milk and being able to add in a variety of other goodies, you’ll feel full till lunchtime without your blood sugar levels dropping and causing destructive cravings.
Cinnamon is an amazing spice with blood sugar benefits. It targets your pancreatic beta cells to help with insulin production, thereby reducing blood glucose levels.
Here’s how easy this brekky is to whip up:
- 1 small can (165ml) coconut milk
- 1 desertspoon chia seeds
- Vanilla extract to taste
- 1/3 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mix together and refrigerate overnight or for a few hours.
Now, let your imagination go wild and add your favourite healthy toppings such as:
- Berries – especially blueberries which are packed with antioxidants
- Nuts – a good source of proteins and good fats. Pistachios are excellent for lowering blood pressure.
- Seeds – containing healthy oils and minerals
- Granola – choose a Paleo blend, preferably without added sugar or honey
- Yoghurt – coconut yoghurt or Greek yoghurt – yum!
- Coconut flakes – for added crunch, flavour and healthy fat goodness